Good Morning folks,
it’s 7:30 am (PST) and today is an important day for us – we’ve launched the Mashape API Marketplace v0.2!
Mashape is a frictionless online API marketplace for developers that want to consume, generate or distribute any kind of service via APIs. We provide “RESTful JSON” APIs and traction to any application or service that runs somewhere on a server – instantly.
A warm thanks to the hundreds of developers that have used our product and have helped us with feedbacks, bugs and pointed us to the right direction. In particular, a big recognition goes to Tom, Keus, Sandro, Max, Dwipal, Kevin, Frank, Jimmy, Jason, Joe, Chris, Matt, Marc, David, Lane, Hunter, Bill, Zander, Mitch, Jude, Travis, Ted, Seth, Evan, Nate, Ken, Philip, Dave, Ted, and Jon.
- 45 days required to clean up the code: from 150,000 to 40,000 lines of code
- Mark Palladino’s fingers – pushing more than 1K new LOC a day (pure Java)
- Mike Zonca’s goatee – it’s as much barbaric/wild as our platform architecture
- Augusto Marietti’s thick socks – walking in the office like a ghost, the Pier38 is cold at night!
- Data migration to MongoDB (MySQL/Hibernate configuration took 3 months, MongoDB 2 weeks)
- Design completely reinvented – The Rattotti&Bonardi crew made the magic here (a sense of clean design is now part of us)
- 354 coffee cups drank by Mike (to stay awake during these two intense months)
- 1 pound of pasta every dinner with Mark’s sauce
- 300 sq feet studio on Market St. (we squeezed there in 3 and sometimes more)
- 4 bicycles for faster moving around SF (one was stolen)
- 1 flight to Chicago for the CakePHP meetup
- 2 days of programming brainstorming around Scala, Grails, Java, Ruby, Struts, Spring, MongoDB and CouchDB
- 5 whiteboards (used to draw shits a thousand of times)
- 2 things that we can’t tell you
- Ken Thom’s “Panettone”
For any feedback, questions or insults: email@example.com
Screenshot of Mashape API Marketplace version 0.2
Hope you’ll like it!