Over the past decade their have been a number of different web development paradigms. As the craft of web development has evolved so have the ways of designing and structuring software architecture. API First design is an approach to software development that emphasizes building components of your application as APIs.
This approach has a number of advantages:
1. Separation of Concerns
API First design is the formal separation of the front end from the back end. For instance Mashape.com is separated into two github repos, one for the front end and one for the back end, which interact through a…
In our fast paced world smart marketers need a tool to quickly create and send professional looking emails. Mashape is proud to have Vertical Response, a leading email campaign suite, join our community.
helps you create and send great email campaigns. It makes contact and list management easy, allowing you to create contacts, group them into meaningful lists, and use these lists to send targeted email campaigns. The VerticalResponse API lets you interact with the platform the same way the application does. For example: Create an application to keep the contacts in your CRM in sync with VerticalResponse; create…
If you deal with PDF in your applications, you might find this list useful.
– Textibility provides a simple, REST API for extracting information from images and documents in a number of formats and generating images and documents from structured data. With a simple, clean HTTP interface and some clever processing we can quickly and easily unlock information captured in photographs and file uploads.
– This API can convert documents into another document format. You can convert documents into images too , or you can simply fill the “merge fields” inside your .docx or .doc document and convert…
If you’re a developer building an app that shows deals and promotions, this list of APIs will be useful for you:
– DayWatch’s API provides powerful data access to real-time daily deal and coupons data in USA, Latin America and South East Asia. Search deals per country, location, category and activity.
BlipADeal Worldwide Deals
– allows you to utilise our database of over 6 million daily deals and coupons annually from over 14 countries around the globe. We currently have a presence in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, United…
GSLB.me is a cloud based DNS and Global Server Load Balancing solution that provides full authoritative DNS services and DNS-based geographical traffic balancing, failover, high availability and geographical routing.
The DNS protocol is used to associate IP addresses to hostnames in order to make Internet resources reachable. Static DNS returns one or more IP addresses associated to one hostname. However, static DNS has no way to understand if your website, application, or data center is alive and reachable or not, and has no way to understand if they are performing properly according to your service levels. As a result, traditional…
Mashape is taking part in two upcoming hackathons. We would like to thank our API partners who are offering free access or mini-prizes for the iCreate Mobility Challenge 2013 (Singapore May 17th)
and APIDays Mediterranea (Madrid, May 30)
. See bottom for the list of APIs and their offers.
For the hackathon organizers: please consolidate your participants’ Mashape IDs and send them a message in Mashape
BEFORE your hackathon. This will give them ample time to enable access to their private APIs to your participants.
If you are a Mashape API partner and interested to offer free access to your…
, the popular photo-sharing site that sees 1.5 million uploads per day and 1.2 billion daily image views
, has announced in TechCrunch
the overhaul of their API to allow developers better access to the Imgur infrastructure.
The Imgur API is also now ready for commercial use, thanks to Mashape! You can check out the API here
We are undoubtedly very excited with this update not only because of our partnership with Imgur, but also because this is a nod to Mashape’s goal of providing companies with the fastest, easiest, and the best platform to monetize their APIs…
, with its mission to provide users with fast and complete answers, has published 7 APIs on Mashape, with a freemium usage model.
– Lets you retrieve public proxies
– Gives you access to the keyword data
– Gives you access to millions of entities; cities, etc
– Find answers to natural language questions
– Lets you process web pages
Text Processing API
– Processes natural language text
– Searches the WebKnox Web Index and news results.
We’re super excited to welcome SeatGeek (www.seatgeek.com
) into the Mashape community.
SeatGeek is one of the leaders in the ticketing industry, it’s a search engine that lets you discover the best deals and events in your city. The API provides developers with broad access to the company’s dataset of nearly 100,000 live events, and allows you to easily compare the inventory from hundreds of ticket sites at once.
You can consume the free SeatGeek API here
Mashape is coming to Amsterdam both as a speaker and a sponsor of the Kings of Code
. On September 17th and 18th, there will be a big Hack Battle
with around 300 developers who will compete against the other teams by building great apps on top of APIs and SDKs in just under 36 hours.
Mashape will present two APIs that are part of its marketplace, created by:
- Andrea Mucci: http://www.mashape.com/users/cingusoft
- Musixmatch: http://www.mashape.com/users/musixmatch.com
– Display lyrics on your website
On September 19, Michele “Mike” Zonca
will be giving a talk about APIs, current standards, best practices and…