APIs for DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon Projects Posted 1 year ago
The DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon has started! Check out these cool hackathon projects in HackerLeague.
To help out the participants, below is a list of API suggestions, one for each of the 20 teams participating in the DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon.
(Don’t forget - you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks :))
1. Talkify - Turn your chat sentences into Yoda Speak!
2. Airbnb Catering - Lace it with nearby food and restaurant deals with 8coupons.
3. Visionboard - reinforce social accountability with nearby social activities through Placesocial.
4. SwaggerHacker - (need more info!)
5. SaiPrize - (need more info!)
6. Bottlecaps - Reward loyal customers for sharing videos, links, and special offers with friends in Facebook through Yupiq.
7. CommuteFree - expand journeys throughout the world with Rome2Rio.
8. Social Tunes - get more tunes info with musiXmatch.
9. Display Ad - add relevant social media context with Placesocial.
10. TeacherWork - check out this ODesk API.
11. Safe Activist - disassociate profiles with a password that expires using One Time Password Service
12. What It’s Like - Try plotting tweets with location on a map and running it through a Social Media Sentiment Analysis API
13. Continuous Deployment - (need more info)
14. ScreenYourFriends - Need a mobile app? There’s an API for that.
15. Quora footnotes - (Need more info)
16. Augmentation project - add context to location using this Sensors API.
17. Volunteer Management - Odesk for projects?
18. Yelp for rentals - Store geolocations perform high performance location queries with Picbox.
19. FlyVerify - Similar to this?
20. Crowdfunding for sale to retailers - Cashboard includes a project management API
A few more suggestions:
- Face recognition
- Machine learning
- Sentiment analysis
- Flight lookup
- Porn filter
- Topic summaries
- Word cloud maker
- Chinese analytics
- Realtime currency converter
- Web screenshot
- OCR recognition
- Image filters
- Public identity lookup
- Stock tweets
Hope this is useful! Don’t forget - you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks :)
Good luck to all participants!