List of 30+ Summarizer APIs, libraries, and software
This is a list of summarizer APIs, libraries, and software. We’d like to keep this list fresh so feel free to suggest additions – tweet it to us @mashape. Enjoy!
- Stremor Automated Summary and Abstract Generator – Use the Automated Summaries API to generate instant 350 character (+/- 10%) summaries of long content from text or URLs. Summaries are returned as highly readable paragraphs with complete sentences for the best end-user experience.
- TextTeaser – It extracts the most important sentences of an article. The purpose of the API is to provide a preview of what the article is all about. The API accepts the text of the article, and it will return the summary / most important sentences in it.
- ML Analyzer – Text Classification, Article Summarization, Sentiment Analysis, Stock symbol extraction, Person Names Extractor, Language Detection, Locations Extractor, Adult content Analyzer.
- Article Summary – Purpose of this api is to extract important text from articles to give quick overview without reading the entire article. This API uses Machine Learning and Natural Language processing and NewsCo proprietary algorithm to extract highlights of any article given its URL or content.
- Semantic Analytics – Text analysis API for extracting semantic meaning from text. Sentiment analysis,summarization, named entity recognition, (Organizations,postal addresses,locations (cities/states,..), people names,numbers, dates) and relations between various entities
- Stremor RSS Summary – The RSS Summary API uses the same summarization technology as found in the other Stremor API’s but allows for batch processing of an entire RSS feed (up to 30 items). Each item will be fetched from the URL in the feed, summarized and returned as an RSS 2.0 feed.
- Stremor TLDR for Text-Abstract Generator – The summarization API takes content of any length (up to 1megabyte) in plain text or HTML, and returns a summary roughly 350 characters in length. Summaries are in plain text even if the original content was part of a complex HTML page.
- Machine Linking – Multilingual semantic analysis of text: developers can annotate unstructured documents and short pieces of text, and connect them to resources in the Linked Open Data cloud, such as DBPedia or Freebase. Other features include text comparison, summarization and language detection.
- Summarize CSS – Let’s you get a summary of a specific section of a web page / url using CSS.
- SMMRY – SMMRY is accessible by an API. Developers are able to implement SMMRY into applications that may require a summary of a webpage or variable.
- Clipped – Integrate our summarization technology into your own applications. Build Applications that deliver summaries to users, and make reading content simpler and faster.
- Lexalytics – Lexalytics’ semantic analysis software accomplishes this at the sentence level. This means that we pick the most important, representative sentences for the content and then use them for the summary.
- tldr.io – Summaries of interesting content, written by people
- DuckDuckGo Zero-Click Info – DuckDuckGo Zero-click Info includes topic summaries, categories, disambiguation, official sites, !bang redirects, definitions and more.
- KBSPortal – Automatically generate summaries of text
Online summarizer tools:
- Open text summarizer
- Cruxlight Chrome extension
- WikiSeer Keynotes Firefox addon
- CAST Term based summarizer
- SweSum Automatic Text Summarizer
- Build your own summary tool
- Create a summary API in Python
Is there a summary technology out there that we missed? Let email@example.com so he can add it to this list
You should also check out our other useful API lists for machine learning, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, SMS APIs, and face recognition APIs.