List of 18 APIs to Protect your Site
Whether it’s inappropriate content, spam, or fraud prevention – protecting your site should be a priority. Here are some APIs to help you strengthen the fort.
- ImageVision Nudity Search - ImageVision’s NuditySearch – Recognizing nudity is a highly complex problem. NuditySearch tackles this problem by recognizing anatomical attributes and determining if there is nudity in images.
- Spamhaus and Surbl REST interface - Rest api to verify if an url has been marked as spam using the well known spamhaus and surbl services. Supports: SpamHaus zen (SBL e-mail spam, XBL infected PCs, PBL unsolicited smtp traffic) Surbl multi (Spamcop, sa-blacklist, Outblaze, Abusebutler, Phishtank, Zeus tracker, jwSpamSpy, Prolocation)
- C24 Validation Service - With this API you can validate SWIFT message. Specify the appropriate SWIFT Standard to use and the message to validate.
- Nudity Detection Service - The NDS API allows developers to check for nudity in images in real-time.
- Password Tools - Provides a set of API for generating strong passwords, checking a password strength, generating a password hash and verifying it.
- Email Validator - Checks for fake DNS as well as uses regex functions to check the email for the right length and accepted characters.
- Anti-Spam Captcha and Bot-IP blocker - Easy anti-spam measure which takes it one-step further by blocking potentially bad IP address from using your resources.
- Porn Filter - Scan images and image URLs to determine if they contain inappropriate content. Send us an image, and we will tell you if it’s likely to be porn.
- Virus Filter - You send us a file or a URL of a file, and we will tell you if it contains a virus.
- Profanity - From “fuster clucks” to 1337 speak, keeping track of profanity and blocking it in your app can be a real nightmare. The nsurePROFANITY API puts a stop to the f-bomb.
- One Time Password Service - Generates and validates numeric one time passwords. One time passwords are valid only for a certain time and for one use only. Password is deleted once an attempt is made to validate it, whether the attempt was successful or otherwise.
- IDlight - Public identity lookup service. IDlight uses established and emerging standards like Webfinger, XRD and hCard to retrieve public profiles and render them under a unified format, either proprietary to IDlight or compliant to Portable Contacts.
- Block Disposable Email - The bdea.cc api helps to detect domains of disposable email address services such as mailinator.com, spamgourmet. In other words: if you need to keep your userbase clean you should avoid throw-away, one-time, instant, temporary email addresses.
- Fraud Prevention Web Service - This API help you to screen an order to detect the degree of credit card fraud, and therefore protect your business order from losses due to chargebacks.
- Fraud Predictor - Identify potentially fraudelent transactions in a series. Can be used for any transactional data sets including financial transactions, log data and clickstream data.
- strongpassword - this api can give you a strong password to make you app more safety.
- Nudity and adult-content detection - Detect nudity and porn in user-submitted photos in real-time. Slash your moderation costs. Get a response in a matter of seconds with a confidence score.
- Profanitor - Profanity detection and analysis API. Scan, analyze, and remove profanity from text.
You should also check out our other useful API lists for machine learning, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, SMS APIs, summarization APIs and face recognition APIs.