The latest update of Kong (0.5.0) is the most exciting release, shipping with new features, bug-fixes and improvements, including:
- Response Rate-Limiting plugin, that rate-limits requests with quotas as instructed by a custom response header
- ACL plugin, to control which consumers can consume upstream APIs
- JWT Authentication plugin, to verify and authenticate JSON Web Tokens
- HMAC Signature Authentication plugin, to verify and authenticate HMAC signed HTTP requests
- Various bugfixes on the OAuth 2.0 and Mashape Analytics plugins
- Renamed Admin API properties to more intuitive names
- And more.
To update to the latest version, simply follow the installation instructions.
Migration from older versions
If you are migrating from an older version of Kong < 0.5.0, then follow the migration instructions in order to make your Kong cluster functioning after updating to 0.5.0.
Meet us at AWS:reInvent
Meet the Kong team at AWS:reInvent 2015 in Las Vegas on October 6 – 9th at the booth 541, we are excited to see you there!