Mashape is taking part in two upcoming hackathons. We would like to thank our API partners who are offering free access or mini-prizes for the iCreate Mobility Challenge 2013 (Singapore May 17th) and APIDays Mediterranea (Madrid, May 30). See bottom for the list of APIs and their offers.
For the hackathon organizers: please consolidate your participants’ Mashape IDs and send them a message in Mashape BEFORE your hackathon. This will give them ample time to enable access to their private APIs to your participants.
If you are a Mashape API partner and interested to offer free access to your paid API or provide a mini-prize, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to all participants!
Participating API partners and their offers for upcoming hackathons:
- Text-Processing – Sentiment analysis, stemming and lemmatization, part-of-speech tagging and chunking, phrase extraction and named entity recognition. (Offer: Free access to API during the hackathon)
- Diffbot – Diffbot uses computer vision and natural language processing to extract data from web pages automatically. For example, the Article API will return the title, author, date, images and full-text from any blog post or news article web page. Diffbot also offers API-on-the-fly functionality that allows you to extract whatever data you choose from practically any site. Use the web as your database! (Offer: Free access to API during the hackathon when “APIDays” or “iCreate” is stated as reason in registration process).
- PeerReach – The PeerReach API allows you to give context to content produced by users. Currently we only support Twitter users but will accept other networks in the near future. (Offer: TBA)
- SkyBiometry Face Detection and Recognition – An easy to use Face Detection and Recognition API. (Offer: Get unlock code from your hackathon organizer. Once you have received the unlock code, follow the steps)
- Valid 14 days after start of the respective event regardless of activation time
- 5000 API calls, 1000 hourly limit, 5000 daily limit
Instructions to unlock special plans for the hackathon:
- Sign or create account (additionally to Mashape account) at https://skybiometry.com/Account/Login
- After login, go to “Account” page and under “Subscription” section select “upgrade or change”
- After “Select subscription” page appears, enter unlock code to “Special offer unlock code:” field and press “Unlock” button
- After additional subscription plan appears, press “Upgrade” button under it
- Press “Confirm” button in popped up dialog box
- Portrait3D – Portrait3D API is based on Avatarion’s Tethys 3D™ solution, and provides software developers with a technology to create animated facial models based on photos. (Offer: Free access to private API during hackathon)
- Algorithms.io – The Algorithms.io API provides a catalog of machine learning algorithms as a service. Includes recommendation algorithms (collaborative filtering), clustering, and classification. Check back with us often as we are constantly adding new algorithms. If you have a machine learning algorithm you’d like to offer for use via our API please contact us to become part of our partner program. You can find detailed documentation on our docs page at: http://documentation.algorithms.io (Offer: Free access to API during hackathon, more details TBA)
- ImageVision – NuditySearch – ImageVision’s NuditySearch – Recognizing nudity is a highly complex problem. NuditySearch tackles this problem by recognizing anatomical attributes and determining if there is nudity in images. (Offer: Free access to API during hackathon, more details TBA)
- Speech2Topics – Yactraq Speech2Topics is a cloud service that converts audiovisual content into topic metadata via speech recognition & natural language processing. Customers use Yactraq metadata to target ads, build UX features like content search/discovery and mine Youtube videos for brand sentiment. In the past such services have been expensive and only used by large video publishers. The unique thing about Yactraq is we deliver our service at a price any product developer can afford. (Offer: Free access to private API during hackathon)
- DuckDuckGo Zero-click Info – DuckDuckGo Zero-click Info includes topic summaries, categories, disambiguation, official sites, !bang redirects, definitions and more. You can use this API for many things, e.g. define people, places, things, words and concepts; provides direct links to other services (via !bang syntax); list related topics; and gives official sites when available. Best of all, searches on DuckDuckGo are entirely private because DuckDuckGo doesn’t collect or share any personally identifiable information. (Offer: TBA)
- Hoppit Restaurant Guide – Dubbed as “Yelp meets Pandora,” the Hoppit API answers the ongoing question “Where should we eat tonight?” by giving you access to the restaurant data used by our award-winning applications, as seen on FOX, CBS, and Mashable. This includes the nation’s largest repository of high-resolution restaurant photography and “Vibe” data, available for 20 U.S. cities. (Offer: Free access to private API during hackathon)
- SpringSense Meaning Recognition – The fastest and most accurate Meaning Recognition (Word Sense Disambiguation) API in the world. Recognises any nouns in a body of text and allows you to provide a rich user-interface with meaning definitions. (Offer: Free access to private API during hackathon)