DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon
The DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon has started! Check out these cool hackathon projects in HackerLeague.
To help out the participants, below is a list of API suggestions, one for each of the 20 teams participating in the DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon.
(Don’t forget – you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks :))
1. Talkify – Turn your chat sentences into Yoda Speak!
2. Airbnb Catering – Lace it with nearby food and restaurant deals with 8coupons.
3. Visionboard – reinforce social accountability with nearby social activities through Placesocial.
4. SwaggerHacker – (need more info!)
5. SaiPrize – (need more info!)
6. Bottlecaps – Reward loyal customers for sharing videos, links, and special offers with friends in Facebook through Yupiq.
7. CommuteFree – expand journeys throughout the world with Rome2Rio.
8. Social Tunes – get more tunes info with musiXmatch.
9. Display Ad – add relevant social media context with Placesocial.
10. TeacherWork – check out this ODesk API.
11. Safe Activist – disassociate profiles with a password that expires using One Time Password Service
12. What It’s Like – Try plotting tweets with location on a map and running it through a Social Media Sentiment Analysis API
13. Continuous Deployment – (need more info)
14. ScreenYourFriends – Need a mobile app? There’s an API for that.
15. Quora footnotes – (Need more info)
16. Augmentation project – add context to location using this Sensors API.
17. Volunteer Management – Odesk for projects?
18. Yelp for rentals – Store geolocations perform high performance location queries with Picbox.
19. FlyVerify – Similar to this?
20. Crowdfunding for sale to retailers – Cashboard includes a project management API
A few more suggestions:
Hope this is useful! Don’t forget – you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks
Good luck to all participants!