APIs for DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon Projects
The DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon has started! Check out these cool hackathon projects in HackerLeague.
To help out the participants, below is a list of API suggestions, one for each of the 20 teams participating in the DeveloperWeek 2013 Hackathon.
(Don’t forget – you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks :))
1. Talkify – Turn your chat sentences into Yoda Speak!
2. Airbnb Catering – Lace it with nearby food and restaurant deals with 8coupons.
3. Visionboard – reinforce social accountability with nearby social activities through Placesocial.
4. SwaggerHacker – (need more info!)
5. SaiPrize – (need more info!)
6. Bottlecaps – Reward loyal customers for sharing videos, links, and special offers with friends in Facebook through Yupiq.
7. CommuteFree – expand journeys throughout the world with Rome2Rio.
8. Social Tunes – get more tunes info with musiXmatch.
9. Display Ad – add relevant social media context with Placesocial.
10. TeacherWork – check out this ODesk API.
11. Safe Activist – disassociate profiles with a password that expires using One Time Password Service
12. What It’s Like – Try plotting tweets with location on a map and running it through a Social Media Sentiment Analysis API
13. Continuous Deployment – (need more info)
14. ScreenYourFriends – Need a mobile app? There’s an API for that.
15. Quora footnotes – (Need more info)
16. Augmentation project – add context to location using this Sensors API.
17. Volunteer Management – Odesk for projects?
18. Yelp for rentals – Store geolocations perform high performance location queries with Picbox.
19. FlyVerify – Similar to this?
20. Crowdfunding for sale to retailers – Cashboard includes a project management API
A few more suggestions:
- Face recognition
- Machine learning
- Sentiment analysis
- Flight lookup
- Porn filter
- Topic summaries
- Word cloud maker
- Chinese analytics
- Realtime currency converter
- Web screenshot
- OCR recognition
- Image filters
- Public identity lookup
- Stock tweets
Hope this is useful! Don’t forget – you can qualify for Mashape prizes (Roomba, Surface RT, $500) if you’re using a Mashape API in your hacks
Good luck to all participants!
Summer is here! At Mashape, we’ve been busy improving and iterating on some new features. But what better way to celebrate the awesome weather with some food, drinks, and
Fan of the FIFA World Cup 2014? Thinking of building a quick mashup with data from the World Cup in Brazil? Or, like Gerald Bauer, you’re looking for open
Nobody likes to track down the latest version of a contract, hassle with track changes and negotiations, or sign duplicate paper copies. Contract Live is the first contract-management platform
HackerRank is a site for hackers to challenge themselves by solving programming problems in different CS domains like algorithms, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Presented in categories and challenges,