An online hackathon from our friends at the AT&T Developer Program! Check it out below:
Here is the online hackathon challenge: Build a multiplayer game that involves two or more phones. Why? Haven’t you wanted to play games with the people in the same room but couldn’t? Something as simple as Tap of War would be awesome. Use Unity, phonegap + pubnub or the framework of your choice to build the app and remember that the fun factor matters the most in this competition especially if you can support massive multiplayer mode.
- Extensive list of multi-touch libraries
- Realtime multi-touch and pubnub
- App Game Kit
- List of Backend as a Service (BaaS) providers
- Mashape – Extensive list of APIs
- Must involve at least two mobile phones
- Must have single player and multi-player modes. No limitation on maximum of players. The more the merrier!
- Use of existing game frameworks is ok.
- You can port existing games to mobile.
- Must build for Android.
- MPV does not need to look good, but must be playable. MVP must be fully functioning in both single and multiplayer modes where the judges can download the game and play amongst themselves for one level.
What’s the prize?
The top prize will be that Wild Tangent will help you finish the MVP of your game.
- Best Overall Game – Your demo game with two levels produced by Wild Tangent and distributed through Wild Tangent / AT&T Android App Store.
- Best Use of Pubnub.com – Use pubnub.com as the transport layer and qualify to win Sierra Wireless mobile hotspot with 2 month sim.
Where do you submit your game? Please submit your entry by 8AM PST on 11/01/13 via this link: http://goo.gl/so5MXO
When will the winners be announced? 11/08/13
Do you have questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
AT&T Developer Program