Introducing Private Plans – for API Providers and Consumer!
Everyone loves flexibility, (knowimsayinn) but no one admits it!
We’ve successfully deployed Private Plans, a new feature of our Pricing Tab. There is nothing keeping developers away from consuming your public and private APIs, and with this release, we give you a way to charge users in customized ways.
This update is targeted to all our API providers who like to keep things between your API and your consumers a little more interesting. Mashape wants you to be able to provide your customers with a flexible pricing for any use-case.
The best part is that to create a Private Plan is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Within an API you own, navigate to the Private Plans submenu under the Pricing tab
- Add a new private plan and name it anything you want
- Customize your custom plan to suit your needs and send it to a developer of your choice!
Imagine you have developed a new API, and want to have an introductory price for the first 10 subscribers. Now you can invite developers to private pricing plans, keeping in mind that all features such as quota, endpoint segmentation and feature management are fully customizable!
But wait here are a few more ideas…
- Discount: Ever wanted to provide a discounted price on your API during a particular event, like Christmas sale, or for your 2 years birthday on Mashape? What about that one user that needs a smaller plan than the smallest you usually provide and he’s been so kind and asked nicely? Surely you can find a way to charge him for using your API differently? Now YOU can run promotions!
- Test-Driving: For some APIs, you can cater to your testers’ needs by having custom free plans that allow them to try out the API by running 2-3 requests a day. You don’t have to charge them the few cents a day, and they can help you test your API! Now YOU can be accommodating!
- Heavy Usage: For APIs with power users making a gazillion API calls, we’ve got your back! Now, you can provide tailored packages to your most active and heavy users/ enterprise customers so they will not be shocked by the galactic monthly API bill for always surpassing your most expensive plan. Custom deals!